Zurzeit sind 247 Mitglieder online.
Zurzeit sind 247 Mitglieder online.
Fragen zum Thema Berichte, Personalisierung, Dashboards, Scheduling, Echtzeit. Fragen zu Zielgruppen, Interessen, Demographie, Technologie, Provider? Fragen zum Thema Verhalten, Content, Pfade, Seiten, Ereignisse, Suche oder Testing? Kontaktiere uns hier.
Anleitung
favorite_border
Antworten

Data not consistent between different reports

Rang 6
# 1
Rang 6

Hey everyone,

I came across problems within Analytics that I can't solve.

My overall goal is to find users that came via organic search on my website. I want to filter for users that used my brand name in their google search term (branded SEO traffic).

#1 problem in main view:

- When I create a new custom report (or a dashboard widget) I find 366 klicks, that came to my website using my brand name in their search term
- When I go to Acquisition -> Search console -> Search term (german: Suchanfragen) I find 16.000 people using my brand name as a search term. 

#2 problem:

- two weeks ago I created another (new) view to play with. When I setup a custom report or dashboard widget, I dont see any branded SEO traffic. Wheres Acquisition -> Search console -> Search term shows plausible data.

What am I doing wrong?

(btw: I don't think I have made a mistake with the widget filters or the custom report filters)

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin

1 Expertenantwort(en)verified_user

Top Beitragender
# 2
Top Beitragender

Hi Benjamin,

as Google doesn't deliver the search phrases for organic searches anymore (since a couple of years) I think this problem is not that easy to solve.

If you google for "not provided google analytics", you can find a couple of workarounds to fix that. But I'm not sure, which workaround works the best.

Rang 6
# 3
Rang 6

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your reply, but I don't think your answer applies to my question.

I am trying to find out, why data is inconsistent between different views (custom reports, dashboard, search console). I am not trying to find the keywords behind the "Not Provided" terms.

best,

Benjamin

Top Beitragender
# 4
Top Beitragender

Hi Benjamin,

I have just tried to reproduce and I also see differences between the Search Console Tab and a custom report based on this view. 

I think the problem ist the GSC-Tab is just a copy of the GSC-Data and not combined with the real Analytics data. 

So at the moment I have no solution for you - but I will keep an eye on it.

Probably this article can help you:

https://www.lovesdata.com/blog/google-search-console

Rang 6
# 5
Rang 6

Can someone help?

It seems that Google Analytics is not working properly in that area. Or at least it is very difficult to understand what's happening at Google Analytics.