Zurzeit sind 679 Mitglieder online.
Zurzeit sind 679 Mitglieder online.
Nicht sicher, wie Du den Erfolg deiner AdWords-Anzeigen messen kannst und wie man diese Ergebnisse nutzt, um die Leistung von AdWords-Kampagnen weiter zu verbessern? Stelle deine Frage hier und entdecke die Berichtfunktionen von AdWords, mit denen Du deine Geschäftsziele erreichst.
Anleitung
favorite_border
Antworten

Adwords Conversion Tracking Fehler?

Rang 5
# 1
Rang 5

Dear Community,

The reported conversions dont make sense. Adwords says that somebody with 1 signup did 18 purchases, the MySQL says purchases we made by different people.

Hypothesis:

* Same guy has previously registered several accounts and 1 new (therefore 1 signup). He klicked on the add and bought 18 times with different accounts (why ever). The pixel does not differentiate by account owner  (?) but by the tag from the Adwords klick and reports the guy as having done 18 purchases.

Question:

A) Is my hypothesis theoretically possible?

B) Do you have other? 

Background info:

Customer journey:

* Acquisition via SEA

* Sign-up of new customer (Tracking via Pixel)

* Order (Tracking via Pixel

Picture 1 shows 18 signups and 18 orders. 

Picture 2 shows the Search Terms of that specific keyword. One search term specifically has 1 sign-up and 18 orders. Which theoretically is possible but very unlikely, since 99% of customers buy 1once in 6 months. 

The data from the mysql supports this assumption, no 18 orders from the same guy.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the help!

Alex

Rang 5
# 2
Rang 5

Rang 12
# 3
Rang 12

Hi Alex,

your hypothesis is possible, as the pixel tracks the device that caused the conversion, regardless whether or not the user registers one or multiple accounts.

However, I assume there is something missing in your data, because in the first screenshot I see you have a broad match keyword in your account with a total of 36 conversions (sign ups and sales), and in the search query report in the second screenshot I only see a total of 18 conversions - what happened to the other ones?

You should first delete the filter in the search query report and add a column with the actual keyword that triggered the ad, then make further investigations. Maybe then you find the solution for the dismatch.

Cheers
Phil

Rang 5
# 4
Rang 5

Hi Philipp,

thanks very much for your response!

The other 18 conversions are then distributed between the other searchterms where there always #signups >= #orders, which makes sense. 

Would you or anyone else have some other assumptions? Thanks!

Rang 5
# 5
Rang 5

Another Hypothesis:

Customers refresh the thank you page and so the pixel is repeatedly firing although there is no new order. In settings I set not to count a conversion only as one.

1) Can that be? Isnt the pixel smart enough to still see those people as only one conversion they are? 

2) If i do set conversion tracking to "count as one" and a already registered customer will 5 days later buy sth, will google then count it as a new conversion or neglect it, if i put it to count one?

Its session related, correct? Google sees the same session within a 30 day window. So in the example above google would not see the conversion 5 days later as a conversion. Is that correct?

Best and thank you very much!

Alex

Rang 12
# 6
Rang 12

Maybe it's a matter of different tracking methods, this article might help:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en