Zurzeit sind 916 Mitglieder online.
Zurzeit sind 916 Mitglieder online.
Neu bei Google Analytics? Stelle hier deine Fragen!
Anleitung
favorite_border
Antworten

Referral Traffic aus Analytics bewerben

Rang 5
# 1
Rang 5

Over the past three years I have promoted my website very actively through Social Media, and primarily using Facebook. My Facebook page has nearly 130,000 followers.

Until now when I promote an advert that is on my website, I include a photo of the item, a shortened description and a Link that I create using the Google URL Shortner.

Recently Facebook changed the way that photos are being stored and shown on my Facebook page, so I have simply taken the complete original URL and posted it on my Facebook timeline. Facebook then picks up and shows the first image of the advert I am promoting and the beginning of the description.

The resulting click through rate has been great, it has increased the number of advert views by a factor of about 6, however my Google Analytics does not see these visits and doesn’t record them as site visitors.

This is confirmed when Google Analytics shows a total of 2,236 visitors so far today, but one advert alone that I promoted two hours ago on Facebook, shows that currently it has had 4,251 advert views today. Each advert has a counter on it.

How do I get Google Analytics to register and record these visitors that came from Facebook?

1 Expertenantwort(en)verified_user

Referral Traffic aus Analytics bewerben

Top Beitragender
# 2
Top Beitragender

Do you use the url builder from google to tag your referals? If not here is an article about it:

https://megalytic.com/blog/dangers-of-shortened-urls-for-analytics